Article: The top of my todo list
This is from Paul Graham’s blog post: The top of my todo list. The blog post mentioned a list of the 5 biggest regrets of the dying made by a palliative care nurse.
The five are
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard
- I wish I’d had the courage to live the life true to myself
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings
- I wish I’d had let myself happier
- I wish I’d kept in touch with my friends
To avoid these mistakes, PG inverted the regrets to five commands:
- Don’t ignore your dreams
- Don’t work too much
- Say what you think
- Cultivate friendships
- Be happy.
He put those at the top of the todo list he’s using.